Welcome to Alto das Fadas,
As a community we are undergoing changes with our search for new land, reorganizing ourselves with current Global Events, and finding how to come together through a virtual body through Zoom and mobile applications.
This web page is currently going through deconstruction to reconstruct a magical online landscape that will hold better grasps for the intentions of what we wish to see happen in the physical world.
If you are interested in this project, and wish to meet members of the community, we hold a weekly online Tea Party every Wednesday, and the details can be found on faenet.org.
We can also answer personal queries if you send a message through our Contact link.
Request to be on our mailing list
Alto das Fadas is still a new project. Although not currently a residential intentional community, we do see ourselves as a building a Community of Intention.
All Radical Faeries are welcome to get involved with us – But please do take time to find out more about us first.
We are still in development as a community with our own vision and intention, but we do not aim to be a casual drop-in space.
This is especially important during these COVID times so that we can ensure all our safety.
Our Association always aims to comply with Portuguese law and local regulations. These currently limit numbers on the land.
There are always times to visit throughout the year, between specific gatherings, including informal periods and work-weeks.
People living nearby in Portugal or Spain are welcome as Day Visitors if invited personally by arrangement.
Once a Radical Faerie has attended AdF / helped to co-create a gathering, then they are encouraged to be a Community Member of Alto das Fadas.
Community Members agree to the aims of our Association and renew membership annually. More information coming soon…..
Once you join, you may apply to stay for up to 3 months at a time. (See link for “Ask to Join as a Community Member”)
We hope that Community Members will wish to volunteer time and commitment as a member of one of our 4 Team Circles which meet through the year online and in-person.
These significant and trusted roles are agreed by the community at our regular (usually annual) AdF Great Circles.
- To ask for a short stay as a Guest Faerie of Alto das Fadas
- To know more about our 4 Team Circles – (link here) – [to be written]
- To know more about being an AdF Land-Guardian
- To know more about being an AdF Steward
- To be an Angel Faerie (financial supporter) of Alto das fadas
The land immediately around the main house is fairly accessible to fae with mobility issues; but the surrounding land is much more challenging.
There is limited personal privacy unless folk bring their own live-in facilities.
The land, the community and house are still in development and there are many improvements envisaged but not yet implemented.
Our collective accepts fully the right of those who choose to be naked within our home space.
We have agreed to use natural and non-toxic products in order to protect the land, resist pollution and help the native ecology.
We do not purchase animal flesh and do not consume this on our land.
Our Collective Aims
Among our chief aims, we wish to assist and support each other in growing our awareness together, personally and collectively, without blaming and shaming.
This includes awareness of our various privileges and issues to do with racism, sexism, class, ageism and able-ism etc.
We find a need to be clear about our acceptance of gender non-conformity.
Trans and non-binary policy
Alto das Fadas is a trans and non-binary inclusive space.
- We recognise the right of people who were assigned male at birth but now living as women and self-identifying as women to be accepted, treated and recognised as women and female.
- We recognise the right of people who were assigned female at birth but now living as men and self-identifying as men to be accepted, treated and recognised as men and male.
- We recognise the right of people who do not conform to normative standards of gender and who self-identify as non-binary/anti-binary or gender-fluid or gender-rejecting/ gender-transcending or similar terms, to be accepted, treated and recognised in their chosen identity, in use of choice of pronouns and to be living within our community in this way as they choose.
As a community/ organisation, we positively affirm this.
We cannot support applicants to our community who do not endorse this.
Therefore, we will take steps to educate and inform those who may not yet be fully aware or who lack understanding and appreciation of these issues.
- We will ensure that those who do not behave in harmony with these recognitions, do then receive appropriate attention to maintain community safety.
- We aim to safe-guard our community in a fair, transparent and accountable manner.
- We aim to revise and review our processes in ways that respond with compassion and justice to the needs and learnings of our collective understanding and growth.